Appcoach Publisher Content Guidelines
The following guidelines (“Publisher Content Guidelines”) describe the mobile advertising standards applicable to any mobile application publisher, or mobile application developer (“Publisher”) using the Appcoach Services. The Appcoach Services (a) facilitate the delivery and insertion of demand partner advertisements (“Ads”) through Publisher’s mobile websites and/or mobile applications to end-users and (b) may be composed of web pages available at www.appcoachs.com or www.appcoachs.net and software, including the Appcoach Monetization SDK and the Appcoach Publisher Platform.
Appcoach reserves the right to update the Publisher Content Guidelines at any time. If an update includes material changes, Appcoach shall provide notice of such update via email. By continuing to use the Appcoach Services subsequent to such notice, Publisher agrees to abide by the updated version of the Publisher Content Guidelines.
2. Prohibited Content
Publisher is prohibited from using the Appcoach Services if Publisher’s mobile applications feature or promote any of the following content categories:
- Graphic or explicit violence (IAB25-2 (Extreme Graphic/Explicit Violence));
- Adult sexual content (IAB25-3 (Pornography));
- Discriminating, offensive, or profane material or hate content (IAB25-4 (Profane Content), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
- Weapons, weapon accessories, and ammunition (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Spyware, malware, viruses, illegal hacking, or other materials that are intended to damage or render inoperable software or hardware (IAB26-3 (Spyware/Malware));
- Counterfeit goods (IAB26-4 (Copyright Infringement));
- Illegal products, activities, and services, including, but not limited to, “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Content that is under construction (IAB25-6 (Under Construction));
- Incentivized clicks, videos, and downloads (IAB25-7 (Incentivized));
- Exception: Publisher may allow rewarded video advertising, provided that the rewards offered to end-users for viewing the Ads are: (a) designated as a rewarded Ad by Publisher, (b) for the app in which the video Ad is displayed, and (c) virtual (i.e., having no monetary value). Publisher shall assume all responsibility and liability for such rewards.
- Content or material offering traffic generation or promoting fraudulent traffic (IAB26-1 (Illegal Content));
- Content or material pertaining to particular religions or spirituality, or advocating the superiority of a specific race/ethnic group, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, language, status as a veteran, or any other legally protected status (IAB23 (Religion & Spirituality), IAB25-5 (Hate Content));
- Uncategorized content (IAB24 (Uncategorized));
- Alcohol content (IAB8-5 (Cocktails/Beer), IAB8-18 (Wine));
- Lotteries (IAB3-7 (Government));
- Pharmaceutical or health products and services, including prescription medications (IAB7-5 (Alternative Medicine));
- Abuse support (IAB7-28 (Incest/Abuse Support));
- Substance abuse (IAB7-42 (Substance Abuse));
- Hunting and shooting content (IAB17-18 (Hunting/Shooting));
- Content or material promoting or containing links that are disparaging to Appcoach or Appcoach’s partners.
3. Restricted Content
Publisher’s mobile applications may be permitted to feature or promote the following restricted content categories, provided that Publisher has appropriate controls to ensure that such content complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations of the country and jurisdiction in which the content is served.
- Financial services (IAB13-1 (Beginning Investing), IAB13-2 (Credit/Debt & Loans), IAB13-4 (Financial Planning), IAB13-5 (Hedge Fund), IAB13-6 (Insurance), IAB13-7 (Investing), IAB 13-8 (Mutual Funds), IAB13-9 (Options), IAB13-10 (Retirement Planning), IAB 13-11 (Stocks));
- Political campaigning content (IAB11-4 (Politics)).
4. Technical Requirements
Applications and adspaces shall be set up within the Appcoach Ad Services and adhere to the following requirements:
- The combination of application and adspace name must identify the traffic source, placement of the Ad, and the requested banner size (non-cryptic).
- The application and adspace details must provide a valid URL that links to the inventory where the Ads are embedded:
- In-App: Valid app store link.
- Mobile Web: Valid website domain.
- The application type and category must match its content.
The following requirements relate to the information Publisher must send to Appcoach Ad Services in each Ad request and the setup in Appcoach Ad Services. In general, each Ad traffic source (website domain or mobile application) must be split by single application in Appcoach Ad Services. The requirements differ for in-app traffic and mobile web traffic:
- In-App Traffic
- The bundle/application information must be provided in the App Details’ Download URL in Appcoach Ad Services. (The bundle must conform to the standard format defined by the relevant app store.)
- The advertising ID must be sent within the Ad request. Fake advertising IDs will be considered fraudulent.
- Mobile Web Traffic
- The full URL information of the Ad placement/Ad hosting webpage must be provided.
In order to ensure the authenticity of impressions, Ads shall be:
- Visible (i.e., not hidden, out of page, stacked, or stuffed).
- Placed reasonably and oriented correctly within the content, including an acceptable number or density of Ads in relation to the content.
5. Enforcement Policy
In addition to Appcoach’s rights and remedies under Appcoach’s Terms of Service and/or any other applicable agreements Publisher entered into with Appcoach, any violation of the Publisher Content Guidelines may result in the suspension of Publisher’s mobile website and/or mobile application from the Appcoach Services, in Appcoach’s sole discretion. Additionally, Appcoach reserves the right to suspend Publisher’s other mobile websites and/or mobile applications on the Appcoach Services, reject Publisher’s future mobile websites and/or mobile applications, or terminate Publisher’s account.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Publisher Content Guidelines.